Let’s band together and inspire others with the first-ever Chick-fil-A virtual band.
During a time when people around the world have been spending their days away from loved ones, we’ve seen inspiring examples of how the little things, like sharing music, can bring comfort and connection.
The video of a violinist in Italy serenading neighbors from his balcony. Residents in New York City joining in a chorus of clanging pots and pans from their windows every evening to thank the city’s health care workers. These are the moments that have made us smile, given us hope and reminded us that we’re all in this together — even while we’re apart.
We want to help spread more of this simple joy. Through the Chick-fil-A Virtual Band, young musicians everywhere are invited to help us virtually create an original piece of music that will be shared with the world on Chick-fil-A’s social accounts and other promotional channels.
Do you have a child (or know a student) in grades K-12 who plays a musical instrument? Encourage them to join the Chick-fil-A Virtual Band. Let’s #BandTogether and share some music — and a little bit of inspiration — with those who need it the most right now.
Even though we’re playing apart, it’s the little things that keep us together.
Here’s how to participate:
- Download the sheet music and and have your child learn the song Rockin' Robin.
- Sheet music and lyrics are now available for a variety of instruments.
- Using whatever camera equipment you have, film a horizontal video of your child playing the song. Before they start playing, hold up a white piece of paper to the camera with your child's name, age and your email. We call this a “slate.” Here’s an example. See the “Video tips” section below for more filming hints and instructions.
- Fill out this talent release.
- Email the video and completed talent release by May 11, 2020 11:59pm PST to BandTogether@chick-fil-a.com.
- For best results, we recommend using a smartphone or DSLR to film. Keep in mind, your video must be filmed horizontally.
- Steadiness is key. Use a tripod if available, and if not, you can get creative by propping up the phone or camera on a bookshelf or coffee table.
- Don’t forgot to include the slate at the beginning so we know who is playing.
- Remember to choose a filming spot that is logo- and artwork-free. If there are any logos or artwork in the background of the video, we won’t be able to use your child's performance in our final piece.
- Try to limit your video to roughly a minute in length. If the file size is too large to email, consider using a file-sharing service like WeTransfer, Dropbox or Google Drive.
- If you film your child's warmup, we’d love to see that footage too! In order to prevent the email becoming too large, we recommend sending this as a separate email.
- We recommend your child record their performance while listening to the original Rockin Robin by Bobby Day or to an online metronome at 171 BMP. Either way, be sure they listen through headphones so we can hear more of their music in the recording!
- Have fun! Your child's personality and passion matter more than a perfect performance. Feel free to encourage them to add in their own solo, show off their unique style, and improv all they want.
- If you need technical assistance with your video, email us at BandTogether@chick-fil-a.com.
Terms and Conditions:
Here are some important terms and conditions that you should read and understand prior to submitting a video (“Submissions”) as a part of the Chick-fil-A® Virtual Band (“Promotion”) on behalf of your young musician to BandTogether@chick-fil-a.com.
- Submissions should only be made by persons who are 18 years or older and who are the parent or legal guardian of the musician.
- The Promotion is only open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
- A signed Talent Release must accompany the Submission.
- This Promotion is only open to amateur musicians in grades K-12.
- See full terms and conditions of participation in the Talent Release.
- All Submissions must be made by May 11, 2020 11:59pm PST.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION.
The Submission that you submit must meet all of the following criteria:
- Any musician included in the video must meet the above criteria and their parent or guardian must submit an individual talent release. If your submission contains musicians who do not meet the criteria or who do not submit a talent release, it will not be accepted.
- All submissions must be submitted electronically to BandTogether@chick-fil-a.com.
- The submission must not contain any visible logos or other materials that may infringe upon the rights of others.
Chick-fil-A will not return videos that have been submitted. Chick-fil-A is under no obligation to use any Submission and will choose the Submissions for the final video at its sole and absolute discretion. No purchase is required for Submission.