A beginner's guide to Chick-fil-A as we head West
It’s official - Chick-fil-A is coming to the great city of Vancouver, Wash. in late 2016! We are committed to the Portland area with 8-10 restaurants planned in the next five years and look forward to serving new guests and existing fans. In the meantime, here’s a bit about us:
- Our menu items are made with fresh, simple ingredients right in our kitchens.
- We hand-chop and prepare all of our salads fresh daily.
- Our creamy milkshakes are hand-spun.
- Our chicken is 100 percent pure breast meat (no fillers or additives), and hand-breaded every day in each restaurant’s kitchen.
- We’re partnering with regional farmers and suppliers to source as many regionally-grown ingredients as possible:
- Chick-fil-A currently sources all potatoes used to make hash browns and Waffle Potato Fries from the Columbia River Basin.
- All of the apples used to supply Chick-fil-A's West Region are grown in the Pacific Northwest.
- In 2013, Chick-fil-A became the first quick-service restaurant to commit to serving only chicken raised without antibiotics in all of our restaurants within five years.
- Chick-fil-A franchise Owner/Operators live and work in the community in which their restaurants are located, and are highly involved in the day-to-day operations, as they only oversee one or two locations.
- Creating a strong and valuable workplace experience for team members is important to Chick-fil-A franchise Owner/Operators. In fact, in 2015 Chick-fil-A was the only restaurant brand named to the Top 10 “Best Companies to Work For” by 24/7 Wall Street.
- Chick-fil-A provides leadership and scholarship opportunities for restaurant team members. In fact, Chick-fil-A has awarded more than $36 million in scholarships over the years.
- Chick-fil-A’s franchise Owner/Operators engage with and support local communities through Spirit Night fundraisers, charitable donations and other involvement with causes that matter to their community and guests.
- Many Chick-fil-A franchise Owner/Operators offer a weekly Kid's/Family Night with themes or events where they encourage families to come to together to have some fun while enjoying some great food.