The ultimate checklist for gathering around the grill!
Long, hot days and summer nights are perfect for grilling. And there’s no better excuse for a cookout with family and friends than Labor Day weekend as summer comes to a close.
To help get your barbeque bash under way, we’ve crafted a checklist filled with all your cookout necessities and a few added ideas to take it up a notch.
Whether you’re a grill-master or a barbeque-beginner, download our easy 5-step planning checklist as a great resource for planning a memorable cookout for all.
Here are more detailed tips to follow:
- Find a venue, like a public park or even your backyard, that has all the amenities (tables, bathrooms, etc.) needed to make your party a success.
- Decide the staple menu item(s) for your cookout.
- Pair side dishes and condiments that will compliment your meal.
- Order Chick-fil-A party trays to help fill the table with simple sides. You can find garden salad, Superfood side, fruit and cookies on our catering menu!
- Keep your coolers and cups cold by purchasing plenty of ice prior to the event.
- Organize and pack plenty of plates, napkins and utensils.
- Use containers with lids to pack and serve your food.
- Arrive early to set up the cooking area, seating, games, trash cans and anything else you may need.
- Stock up on charcoal and start the grill to begin cooking before your guests arrive.
- Tidy up throughout the party to help cut down your post-event clean up time.
Looking for even more ways to turn your cookout into an-of-summer soiree? Try this:
- Take the atmosphere to the next level with simple décor like string lights or fun tablecloths.
- Create a party playlist and have your guests contribute one to two songs.
- Turn any side dish into a snack on-the-go by using kabob skewers or popsicle sticks.
- Provide containers for your guests to take home their leftovers.