Served with goat cheese and pecans, this salad is next level
If you’re looking to liven up your lunches (or dinners) this year, look no further than Broccolini®. Adding this crunchy and filling veggie to your regular grilled chicken salad is a simple way to make your meal feel special.
- 2 bunches Mann's Broccolini®
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinned, cut in half
- 3/4 pound mixed lettuces
- 2 pears, cored and sliced (may substitute red potatoes)
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted, glazed (may substitute walnuts)
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Drop Mann’s Broccolini® into boiling water. After 3 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process.
- Toss chicken breasts with 1/4 cup dressing. Marinate 1-2 hours in refrigerator. Grill or broil marinated chicken, basting with dressing. Slice crosswise.
- Line 4 plates with lettuces and arrange Broccolini®, pear (or potato) and chicken on top. Sprinkle with nuts and goat cheese. (To glaze nuts, combine 1/2 cup sugar with 2 tablespoons water in skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until it melts and turns golden. Watch carefully as it turns color. Pour syrup over toasted pecans on oiled cookie sheet. Quickly separate nuts for even glaze. When cool, crack off excess glaze.)
- Drizzle with dressing. (Sweet-Tart Dressing: Crush 1/2 teaspoon each dried marjoram, basil, rosemary and ground black pepper in mortar to release flavors. Put seasonings in jar; add 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/3 cup red wine vinegar and 3 tablespoons sugar. Shake until well blended.)