- 15-20 MIN
- Feeds 8
Adding fresh peaches to this salsa recipe will be a game changer for your summer cookouts and dinner routine.
The hunt for the perfect summer peach will be well worth it if you ask Luisa Hammett, a registered dietician and the lifestyle blogger behind Peaches to Pearls, who shares her Summer Peach Salsa recipe.
“What makes this recipe unique is the added sweetness and crispness of the peaches,” says Hammett, who recommends serving it as a standalone dip or with grilled chicken or fish tacos to add some extra flavor.
And even sweeter news for busy summer schedules: Don’t worry about peeling the peaches; the skin brings added fiber to the recipe.
Hammett says the salsa can also be a hit your little ones who will be “more likely to eat the recipe’s veggies with peaches mixed in” and will have fun in the process as they “eat the rainbow” with hues of red, orange and yellow.
• 2 large peaches
• 2 large heirloom tomatoes (one red, one yellow if available)
• ½ cup chopped Vidalia onion
• 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
• 1 lime
1. Wash and dice the peaches, leaving the skin on. Transfer your peaches to the bowl.
2. Wash and dice the tomatoes and onions. Chop to your preference (chunky or thin).
3. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
4. Squeeze your lime on top and sprinkle with salt.