- 30-45 MIN
- Feeds 4
Chia seeds and other superfoods are combined for this quick and wholesome breakfast
Want a super-charged start to your day? Try this breakfast recipe for Coconut Chia Pudding with Quinoa-Maple Granola that is chock-full of superfoods like chia seeds, quinoa and almonds. Created by Chef Suzanne Vizethann of Atlanta’s Buttermilk Kitchen , it’s a sweet and simple breakfast that is packed with superfoods and is sure to get your taste buds humming.
For the Coconut Chia Pudding
- 2 cups canned coconut milk (organic preferred)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Quinoa Maple Granola
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup white quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Start by making the Coconut Chia Pudding. Shake the cans of coconut milk, ensuring they are thoroughly mixed. Pour coconut milk into mixing bowl and slowly whisk in the chia seeds. Stir in the agave nectar and vanilla and taste for sweetness. Chill immediately for at least one hour before serving.
- Next, move on to the Quinoa Maple Granola. Combine all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add wet ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour the wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Spread the granola onto a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 275 to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (250 degrees Fahrenheit if you have a convection oven).
- Remove the granola from the oven and stir. Put back in oven to bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- To serve the dish, place 1 cup of the pudding in a bowl. Add 1 cup of the granola and top with sliced fruit – bananas, peaches and blueberries are recommended. If you’re feeling fancy, garnish the dish with edible flowers, or use chopped fresh mint and/or basil as a substitute.