Turn pantry staples into a unique and delicious breakfast
Milloy cherishes her time in the morning to connect with her husband and kick start the day. “My baked eggs recipe takes little preparation and creates a delicious, warm meal in under 30 minutes. While this stands as one of my favorite morning dishes, it’s also great for ‘breakfast for dinner!’”
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 4 shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 – 15-ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flake
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 eggs
- Fresh cilantro
- Greek feta, for garnish
- Toasted bread, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add shallots and cook until tender. Add garlic and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add tomatoes, paprika, red pepper flake and simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Crack 5 eggs over sauce and cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny.
- Remove from oven and top with cilantro and feta. Serve warm with toasted bread and enjoy!
Tip: Make sauce ahead of time for easier prep!