Recipe: Warm Flourless Chocolate Torte
- 30-45 MIN
- Feeds 6
- Unsalted butter
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 ounces egg whites, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 ounces egg yolks, room temperature
- Powdered sugar (for garnish, optional)
- Seasonal berries (for garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 6 (4-ounce) soufflé cups, place on baking sheet, and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler over medium-low heat. Turn off heat, and gently stir in butter.
- Beat egg whites, until soft peaks form, then gradually add sugar, and continue beating, until stiff peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula, blend egg yolks into chocolate. Gradually fold in ¼ of meringue into the chocolate, until well incorporated. Fold ½ of remaining meringue into chocolate mixture, until well incorporated. Fold in remaining meringue, until well incorporated.
- Fill soufflé cups to just under the rim. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until firm to the touch.
- To Plate:
Spread 1 ½ tablespoons of sauce on dessert plate. Run a thin knife around the edge of soufflé cup, invert torte into hand, and then onto plate.. Lightly dust torte with powdered sugar, and arrange berries next to torte.