Try this nutritious, easy-to-make side dish!
This year, 2016, just might be the Year of Broccolini®. The veggie is one of the fastest-growing vegetables on restaurant menus – up nearly 19 percent in the past year. And you can cook it home too. Try this healthful side dish from Broccolini® grower, Mann's Packing.
- 6 ounces Mann's Broccolini® stalks trimmed in half
- 20 ounces Mann's Butternut Squash, cubes
- 2 tablespoons Vermouth
- 2 tablespoons White wine vinegar
- 1 Shallots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- Blanche Broccolini® in large saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 2 minutes and drain. Transfer to bowl of ice water to cool. Drain, pat dry with paper towels.
- Cook butternut squash in large pot of boiling water until just tender, about 6 minutes. Drain; Rinse with cold water and transfer to large bowl. Sprinkle Vermouth over warm butternut squash; toss gently and let stand 5 minutes.
- Whisk vinegar, shallots and mustard in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Pour over butternut squash and toss to coat. Cool completely.
- Mix in Broccolini® and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Serve cold or at room temperature.