- 30-45 MIN
- Feeds 1
When word spread that Chick-fil-A was experimenting with serving chicken and waffles at a few middle Georgia restaurants back in 2014, it created quite the stir. While the southern breakfast combo isn't on the menu—nor is it slated to make a future debut—it is a favorite sweet-and-savory meal Chick-fil-A Chef Brian Kolodziej makes at home.
“While the southern breakfast combo isn't on the menu—nor is it slated to make a future debut—it is a favorite sweet-and-savory meal Chick-fil-A Chef Brian Kolodziej makes at home."
With fewer than 10 ingredients, Kolodziej shares his seasonal Chicken with Cheddar Waffle & Cinnamon Apples recipe so that you can enjoy this delicious, autumnal spin on the classic too.
- 1½ cups waffle batter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 3 cups freshly peeled and diced apples (Chef Brian uses Honey Crisp)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Chick-fil-A chicken filet (Order from the drive-thru, go spicy if you’re adventurous!)
- Prepare waffle batter (from scratch or premade). Refrigerate until ready to use. Preheat waffle iron, spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- Fully melt butter in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Then reduce heat to medium and add apples. Stir until apples are coated. Add maple syrup, brown sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Cook until golden brown and slightly thick. Keep warm until ready to eat!
- Pour batter into waffle iron, sprinkle cheddar on top, and cook according to iron instructions. Place waffle on a plate and top with warm cinnamon apples. Place Chick-fil-A chicken filet on top.Top with additional maple syrup if desired and enjoy!