Atlanta (July 10, 2014) – Atlanta Hall Management today announced its new logo and Chick-fil-A’s lead sponsorship of the new College Football Hall of Fame in the heart of the sports and entertainment district in downtown Atlanta. The attraction will officially be called the “College Football Hall of Fame and Chick-fil-A Fan Experience,” which will open its doors to the public on Saturday, August 23. Tickets and memberships will be available beginning August 1 for purchase through the Hall’s newly-launched website, www.cfbhall.com.
In addition to housing the national College Football Hall of Fame, previously located in South Bend, Indiana, the attraction offers a total Fan Experience matching traditional, museum-quality memorabilia with interactive, multimedia exhibits that will invite fans and visitors to engage with their favorite college football team or Hall of Famer. Joining Chick-fil-A and other official sponsors in presenting the Fan Experience are the Hall of Fame’s founding partners – AT&T, the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, Coca-Cola and Kia.
"Chick-fil-A continues to be an important part of the college football landscape here in its hometown of Atlanta,” said John Stephenson, president and CEO of Atlanta Hall Management and the College Football Hall of Fame. “Chick-fil-A’s partnership helped guide our team to deliver this Fan Experience to our guests. Its financial investment, along with that of all of our founding partners, enables us to provide a completely redefined Hall of Fame experience. This is a fun, celebratory, fully immersive attraction that takes the college football fan into the game as never before.”
Chick-fil-A Executive Vice President Steve Robinson said, “Chick-fil-A has been a sponsor of the College Football Hall of Fame since it announced its relocation to Atlanta. Chick-fil-A truly values its involvement in the great game of college football, and the new Hall will deliver a unique combination of the history of the game with interactive exhibits, making this Fan Experience the ultimate destination for college football fans.”
The Hall, with the National Football Foundation (NFF), also unveiled a version of the new branding that will represent the institution of the College Football Hall of Fame. Featuring a classic look and prominently displaying the founding year of the Hall – 1951, the logo will be used for all matters regarding the Hall of Fame not specific to the Atlanta attraction.
“The National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame has always maintained a long and storied history as an integral part of the college football landscape,” said Steve Hatchell, president and CEO of the NFF. “The new Hall of Fame will be a credit to the college game and a must see for anyone who has played, coached, watched, or supported it. We are excited to be in Atlanta with the opportunity to promote the sport like never before.”
The attraction will be broken up into multiple galleries, with the Hall of Fame, which resides on the third floor of the building, as its pinnacle experience. The galleries will include informative, engaging and interactive exhibits made possible by the Hall’s founding partners:
- Chick-fil-A “Why We Love College Football” features iconic trophies and a large, touch-sensitive, 52-foot media wall filled with dynamic content such as photos and videos of players, fans, cheerleaders and marching bands. A multi-touch system allows for fun interaction with content specific to a fan’s favorite college football team.
- Coca-Cola Fans’ Game Day allows visitors to feel the excitement on campus around the big game and highlights tailgating, digital face painting, bands, fight songs, mascots, cheerleading, and traditions.
- Kia Building a Champion takes visitors inside the world of players and coaches and includes halftime speeches and a Q&A with current players. Fans are also invited to peruse John Heisman’s 1905 playbook, explore a timeline matching college football history with American history milestones, and learn what it truly takes to be a student athlete.
- AT&T Game Time Gallery allows visitors to explore the rich rivalries of college football and invites visitors to call one of college football’s most memorable plays from the broadcast booth. Visitors of Game Time will also be treated to college football’s greatest moments and will be able to guide their own college football program to the championship.
- National Football Foundation & Chick-fil-A Building Leaders is all about the “good in the game.” It is a tribute to the mission and programs of the NFF, the profound and positive impact the NFF has on the game, and the key awards it distributes annually. Fans will find stories about some of society’s great leaders that point to the lessons they learned in football to achieve success in business, community and life.
- Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Skill Zone is located on the 45-yard long football field and will allow fans to sharpen their football skills through a variety of physical activities.
Other official partners of the Hall include: Brasfield & Gorrie, Georgia Pacific, Georgia Power, The Home Depot, Invest Atlanta, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Piedmont Healthcare, Regions Bank, Southwest Airlines, Sporturf and Under Armour.
The state-of-the-art College Football Hall of Fame and Chick-fil-A Fan Experience will feature historic and contemporary artifacts, interactive multimedia displays, children’s activities, a theater featuring an originally produced ultra-high-definition film on the history and excitement of college football, meeting facilities, and special event spaces.
About Atlanta Hall Management & The College Football Hall of Fame
Scheduled to open on August 23, 2014, the new College Football Hall of Fame and Chick-fil-A Fan Experience will be a 94,256-square-foot attraction located in the heart of Atlanta's sports, entertainment and tourism district. Adjacent to the Georgia World Congress Center and Centennial Olympic Park, the new Hall will provide visitors with a highly immersive, interactive and engaging experience using a blend of historic college football artifacts and state-of-the-art, interactive multimedia exhibits. The National Football Foundation (NFF) launched the Hall in 1951 to stand as one of the nation's premier sports shrines, immortalizing the game’s greatest players and coaches as positive role models for future generations. In 2009, Atlanta Hall Management, Inc., partnered with the NFF to construct and operate the new Hall of Fame attraction, which will also provide a platform for community outreach, education and character development initiatives, as well as serve as one of Atlanta’s premier special event spaces. For more information, please visit www.cfbhall.com.
About Chick-fil-A, Inc.
Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A, Inc. is a family owned and privately held restaurant company dedicated to serving the communities in which its restaurants operate. Known for its original chicken sandwich, Chick-fil-A serves nutritious, freshly prepared food in more than 1,800 restaurants in 39 states and Washington, D.C.
Founded by S. Truett Cathy in 1967, Chick-fil-A produced sales of $5 billion in 2013. Chick-fil-A was recognized in 2014 as one of America’s “Top 20 Most Admired Brands” by The Harris Poll and “Top Fast Food Chicken Chain” by Consumer Reports, among other honors. More information on Chick-fil-A is available on the chain’s website, located at www.chick-fil-a.com.