Recipe: Thai-style Coconut, Shredded Chicken & Lime Soup
- 30-45 MIN
- Feeds 4
Bold and refreshing, this recipe is a year-round go-to.
Making soup at home can sound intimidating – but it doesn’t have to be! Try this Thai-inspired dish to get the refreshing flavors of coconut and lime in under 30 minutes. Created by Chick-fil-A Chef Brian Kolodziej, this recipe is simple to make and utilizes Chick-fil-A chicken and common pantry items.
An ideal recipe in any meal prepper’s arsenal, this soup can be easily portioned for lunch, dinner or as a side.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can of light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Chili-garlic sauce, to taste*
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Chick-fil-A Chicken filet, de-breaded and shredded
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
The chili-garlic sauce packs some heat, so those adverse to spicy foods should use sparingly. We recommend 1 tablespoon for a nice level of heat.
- Begin by portioning and preparing all ingredients.
- Heat canola oil in sauce pan over medium-high heat. Sauté ginger, mushrooms, onions and garlic for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add chicken broth and coconut milk, and bring to a simmer.
- Add soy sauce, chili-garlic sauce and sugar. Let simmer.
- Add salt, lime zest and lime juice.
- Add chicken and let soup simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve soup with an optional garnish of cilantro and enjoy!