Recipe: Sweet & Spicy Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Less than 15 MIN
A recipe so simple, it’s too sweet (and spicy) to pass up!
Sick of your same old salad routine? This wrap recipe will turn your lettuce into a fun and light meal or snack.
“These grilled chicken lettuce wraps are quick, easy and allow room for personalization,” says Chick-fil-A Chef Brian Kolodziej.
Eliminate part of the prep work by picking up two of the ingredients - Chick-fil-A Grilled Chicken Nuggets and Sweet & Spicy Sriracha Sauce – at Chick-fil-A, for a recipe that takes under 15 minutes to make.
• 1 head of romaine lettuce (or 3 romaine lettuce leaves)
• 1/3 cup shredded red cabbage
• 1/3 cup shredded carrots
• Handful of cilantro sprigs
• Chopped basil leaves
• Chopped mint leaves
• 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
• 6 Chick-fil-A Grilled Chicken Nuggets
• 1/2 cup of Chick-fil-A Sweet & Spicy Sriracha Sauce (purchase an 8-ounce catering sized container of the sauce at the restaurant.)
• Plastic bag or small container with lid
• Rinse and prepare vegetables and herbs.
• Chop the bottom 2 inches off lettuce head and submerge lettuce leaves in ice water. Set aside for 2 minutes or until the lettuce is crunchy.
• Cut Chick-fil-A Grilled Nuggets into slices and place into bag or container. Add Sweet & Spicy Sriracha Sauce and spread around until the chicken is evenly coated.
• Remove lettuce from water and pat dry.
• Lay each lettuce leaf as the base and add chicken, chopped vegetables, herbs and sliced almond. Serve with additional sauce on the side and enjoy!
Tip: Purchase Chick-fil-A’s signature sauces in a catering size to enjoy at home! Available sauces include Chick-fil-A, Polynesian, Honey Mustard, Garlic & Herb, Zesty Buffalo, Barbeque and Sweet & Spicy Sriracha.